Many people think that the ‘Surya Namaskar’, or the sun salutation because it is named in English, is simply an exercise that strengthens your back and your muscles. But people often fail to grasp that it’s an entire workout for your entire physical system, one that doesn’t require the utilization of any equipment.
It also aids us in breaking free from the exhaustive and dull routines of our lives.
Surya Namaskar provides brawniness and vitality and keeps us healthy and fit. The Sun moves through 12 Rashis or zodiac signs and thus it’s got 12 names. One round of Surya namaskar carries with it 12 steps or postures.
1. Pranamasana – Om Mitraya Namah
2. Hasta Uttanasana – Om Ravaye Namah
3. Padahastasana – Om Suryaya Namah
4. Ashwa Sanchalanasana – Om Bhanve namah
5. Kumbhakasana – Om Khagaya Namah
6. Ashtanga Namaskara -Om Pushnaye Namah
7. Bhujangasana – Om Hiranyagarbhaya Namah
8. Parvatasana – Om Marichaye Namah
9. Ashwa Sanchalanasana- Om Adityaya Namah
10. Padahastasana -Om Savitre Namah
11. Hasta Uttanasana – Om Arkaya Namah
12. Pranamasana -Om Bhashkaraya Namah
When wiped out the proper way and at the proper time, Surya Namaskar can totally change your life. it’s going to take a touch beyond regular time to point out results, but you’ll soon find your skin detoxed like never before. Regularly practicing Surya Namaskar enhances the dimensions of your coeliac plexus, thereby increasing your creativity, intuitive abilities, decision-making, leadership skills, and confidence.
Though Surya Namaskar is often done at any time of the day, the foremost appropriate and beneficial time is at sunrise since that’s when the sun rays revitalize your body and shower your mind. Practicing it within the afternoon energizes your body instantly while performing it at dusk helps you unwind.