Oats Dosa Recipe | Healthy Breakfast Recipe | Instant Oats Dosa Recipe | JOOS Food
Learn how to make delicious and healthy Oats dosa
Oats dosa is a nutritious healthy breakfast for all those who love South Indian breakfast but don’t want to consume extra calories.
Everybody is aware of the health benefits of oats but not everyone enjoys a bowl of oatmeal for their breakfast. So this recipe is a perfect fix for that healthy yet delicious breakfast.
This recipe is easy to make keeps you satiated for long.
Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
You can also try your own variation with the veggies of your choice.
Try out this easy to make a wholesome recipe and let us know in the comment section on how you like the dish. For more such healthy Indian recipe subscribe to our channel
If you are a fan of Healthy Snacks then you must try these recipes.
Multigrain Masala Dosa
Carrots & Oats Kozhukattai
Recipe Credit: Brinda Gandhi
½ cup quick cooking oats
¼ cup rice flour
¼ cup rava
½ cup fresh dahi
¼ cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped green chilies
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
7 to 8 curry leaves
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoon grated coconut
1.25 cups water
salt as required
making oats dosa batter:
1. grind 1/2 cup quick cooking oats in a mixer or grinder to a fine flour. take this flour in a mixing bowl.
2. then add 1/4 cup rice flour and 1/4 cup rava
3. add 1/2 cup fresh curd.
5. add 1 cup water. stir and mix to a smooth consistency without any lumps.
6. add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped green chilies, 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and 7 to 8 curry leaves, finely chopped.
7. stir very well again and then add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp black pepper, crushed in a mortar-pestle and salt as required. you can also add 1 to 2 tbsp grated coconut.
8. stir again and keep aside for 10 minutes.
9. then check the consistency and add 1/4 cup water. add water as required.
11. the consistency should be thin and flowing like rava dosa batter.
making instant oats dosa:
1. on a medium flame heat a non stick pan. drizzle ½ tsp of oil and spread it with the spoon.
5. stir the batter in the bowl and take a ladle full of batter and pour it from the circumference to the center.
6. do not spread the batter with the back of the ladle like the way we do for regular dosas. fill the small or large gaps with a bit more of the batter.
7. sprinkle some oil around the sides and in the small holes or gaps and cook the dosa.
8. once the base becomes crisp and golden, flip and cook the other side.
9. once this side is cooked and crisp, flip again and you can cook the first side to make it more crisp. fold on the tava and remove.
12. serve these instant oats dosas with coconut chutney, veg sambar or idli-dosa podi.
SUBSCRIBE to JOOS FOOD for more such recipes
Become our fan on Instagram Follow us now!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Pinterest
Visit us on our website