Mixed Sprouts Poha,nutritious breakfast recipe made using sprouts.
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Mixed-Sprouts-Poha-3542r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Mixed Sprouts Poha
A nutritious breakfast taken early in the morning holds you in good stead throughout the day. Batata poha is a breakfast dish that’s really easy to make and is commonly eaten in most houses. To make it healthier, i have substituted potatoes with sprouts in this recipe as sprouted pulses are easier to digest while providing precious nutrients like iron, calcium, b-complex vitamin and c.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups beaten rice (poha)
1 1/2 cups boiled mixed sprouts
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
For The Garnish
1 tbsp chopped finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Place the beaten rice on a sieve and wash lightly. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes or till the onion turn light brown in colour.
4. Add the mixed sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add the beaten rice and lemon juice and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
8. Serve hot garnished with coriander.