Please take a moment to like and subscribe
✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
Thalipeeth is a popular and healthy Maharshtrian recipe. Thalipeeth is made using different flours like bhajani, sabudana, rice flour, left over rice, mix flours etc. You can make thalipeeth healthier by adding different veggies of your choice. Today we will learn to make jawar flour thalipeeth. This is a healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe. This can be a good alternative to incorporate whole grains to your diet. Here is jwaricha thalipeeth.
• 1/4 cup Pohe
• 1 cup Jawar flour
• 1 tsp Wheat flour
• 1 tsp Garam masala
• Green chilli–Garlic paste (2 chillies and 5-6 garlic cloves)
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
• 1 tsp Coriander powder
• 1/4 tsp Ajwain
• 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
• Finely chopped Onion
• Finely chopped Coriander leaves
• Sesame seeds
• In a bowl take pohe. Wash the really good and soak in water
for about 15-20 minutes.
• Drain the water. Mash the pohe. Why pohe?
• If you make thalipeeth using just jawar, it becomes a bit
chewy. Pohe add crunch to it and thilipeeth becomes light.
• You can use leftover rice too. Mash it and add to flour.
• Add jawar flour, wheat flour. You can add mix flours to it like
rajgira flour, nachani (Nagali) flour, soya bean flour etc.
• Mix flour thalipeeth also tastes good and is healthy too.
• Add garam masala, green chilli- garlic paste, turmeric powder,
red chilli powder, coriander powder, ajwain, cumin seeds, salt,
onion and coriander.
• Mix everything well together. Add a little water at a time and
make thalipeeth dough.
• The dough should be neither too thick nor too thin. It should
be a bit softer.
• Cover and rest it for 15-20 minutes.
• Take a pan. Add a little oil and spread it so that thalipeeth
won’t stick to pan. Also it gets nice crisp due to oil. Add few
• Take a small ball of dough, place it over sesame seeds and roll
it into thalipeeth.
• You can dip your hand in water for rolling the thalipeeth if it is
not getting rolled properly.
• Youccan roll thalipeeth on wet cloth and then transfer it on pan.
• Roll thalipeeth thin and nice.
• Turn on the gas. Cover and cook on medium heat for 4-5
• Remove the lid and let the water that is collected on lid drop
on thalipeeth. So that it won’t be too dry.
• Cook for another 2-3 minutes until lower sides gets cooked
really good. Flip over.
• Cook for another 3-4 minutes from another side too.
• You can make holes in between. So that the steam can escape
while cooking. Once it gets cooked from side, take out in a
• Jwaricha thalipeeth goes well with dahi, peanut chutney or
pickle. You can have it as it is.
• You can prepare the dough before hand and store in freeze.
• Take out from freeze 30-45 minutes before making thalipeeth
and make thalipeeth.
Click for detail Recipe – http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/regional-recipe/marathi-video-recipes
Subscribe to my other channels
Enjoy my other videos
चिकन करी | Chicken Curry by madhurasRecipe
अंडा भुर्जी | Anda Bhurji by madhurasrecipe | Cooking | Indian Street Food | Scramble Eggs
रवा केक | Rava Cake in Pressure Cooker by madhurasrecipe | Holiday Recipes | Cooking
शेपूची भाजी | Shepuchi Bhaji with Aloo by madhurasrecipe | Cooking | Suva ki Sabzi
शेंगोळे | Shengolya by madhurasrecipe | Cooking | Healthy Winter Recipe
घडीची पोळी | Ghadhichi Poli by madhurasrecipe | How to make Soft Roti Pudachi Poli | Cooking
शेवची भाजी | Shevchi Bhaji by madhurasrecipe | Maharashtrian Vegetarian Recipes
दडपे पोहे | Dadpe Pohe by madhurasRecipe | Marathi Recipe
वांग बटाटा रस्सा भाजी | Vangi Batata Sabzi by madhurasrecipe | Aloo Baingan Masala
नानखटाई | Nankhatai Recipe in Pressure Cooker | Cooking | Holiday Recipes by madhurasrecipe